<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12362200\x26blogName\x3dMachomuchacho\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://machomuchacho.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://machomuchacho.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d238662534539686533', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
+
Machomuchacho

23 September, 2005

Misery has no Company

It's tough being a fan of an unpopular team when that unpopular team descends in a ball of flames from a once lofty perch. The Chicago White Sox are my unpopular team, preparing shortly to surrender the Central division lead they've held the entire season. Watching this story in person and on television is agonizing, even more so because my misery has no company. I have a gut wrenching feeling similar to the one I felt twice when Boosh took office. It make me feel like puking and I've no way to get it out of my head. Seems like such a silly thing to let get you down, but I guess that's the interesting thing about professional sports and the power they have over some people.
On a side note, allow me to comment on the Major League Baseball website. I signed up for two free weeks of mlb tv, which allows me to watch Sox games over the internet. It is truly a wonderful innovation. Unfortunately, if you're so inclined to try it out yourself, you should expect some headaches. If you need to logout and then login again, you will only be able to do so two times. After the third login you are shutout from the game for two hours! This is supposed to counter people sharing their login info with friends around the world. Also, you may experience problems with being "blacked out." I watched a recent game for a while at work without issue. When I got home and tried to login the website claimed I was in a blackout area. Which is odd insofar as my apartment is no more than a half mile from work. Suffice it to say, it's a great product lacking somewhat in the customer service department.


Posted by JP |


« Home | What's in a name? » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Machomuchacho 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger